How to Turn Off Tts Discord, Discord is a popular communication platform that enables users to connect with friends, family, and colleagues through voice, video, and text-based conversations. One of the features that Discord offers is the ability to use text-to-speech (TTS) to read messages out loud. However, some users may find this feature to be unnecessary or even disruptive and may want to turn it off.
Reasons for Turning Off TTS on Discord
There are several reasons why users may want to turn off TTS on Discord. One reason is that TTS can be disruptive, especially in large groups or servers where multiple users are sending messages at the same time. Additionally, TTS can be difficult to understand, especially if the messages are written in a different language or contain complex words or phrases. Some users may also find TTS to be unnecessary, especially if they prefer to read messages themselves.
Related Post: How to Become a Discord Partner
Step-by-Step Guide for Turning Off TTS on Discord
- Open Discord and log in to your account.
- Click on the gear icon located in the bottom left corner of the screen to access the settings menu.
- Select the “Voice & Video” option from the settings menu.
- In the “Voice & Video” settings, scroll down to the “Text-to-Speech” section and uncheck the box next to “Enable Text-to-Speech.”
- Click “Save” to apply the changes and turn off TTS on Discord.
Tips and Tricks for Managing Notifications on Discord
- Customize your notification settings: Discord allows you to customize your notification settings to control how and when you receive notifications.
- Use the “Do Not Disturb” feature: Discord’s “Do Not Disturb” feature allows you to temporarily turn off notifications for a specific amount of time.
- Mute or leave specific channels: If you find yourself constantly receiving notifications from a specific channel, you can mute or leave the channel to stop receiving notifications.
Read Also: How to Send Large Videos on Discord
Discord’s text-to-speech (TTS) feature can be useful for some users, but it can also be disruptive or unnecessary for others. If you find yourself wanting to turn off TTS, the process is simple and can be completed in just a few steps. Additionally, by customizing your notification settings, using the “Do Not Disturb” feature, and muting or leaving specific channels, you can effectively manage your notifications on Discord.
How do I turn off text-to-speech (TTS) on Discord?
To turn off TTS on Discord, go to your settings by clicking on the gear icon in the bottom left corner of the screen. Then select “Voice & Video” and scroll down to the “Text-to-Speech” section. Uncheck the box next to “Enable Text-to-Speech” and click “Save” to apply the changes.
Can I turn off TTS for specific channels on Discord?
Yes, you can turn off TTS for specific channels on Discord by right-clicking on the channel and selecting “Notification Settings.” From there, you can uncheck the box next to “Text-to-Speech” to turn off TTS for that specific channel.
Is there a way to temporarily turn off TTS on Discord?
Yes, Discord has a “Do Not Disturb” feature that allows you to temporarily turn off notifications, including TTS, for a specific amount of time. You can access this feature by clicking on the bell icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
Can I still receive notifications for messages if I turn off TTS on Discord?
Yes, turning off TTS on Discord will not affect your ability to receive notifications for messages. You will still receive notifications for new messages, but they will not be read out loud using TTS.
Does turning off TTS on Discord affect other users on the same server or channel?
No, turning off TTS on Discord only affects your own account and will not affect other users on the same server or channel. Other users will still be able to use TTS if they have it enabled on their own accounts.